Brightworth is a nationally recognized, fee-only wealth management firm with offices in Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC. The wealth advisors at Brightworth have deep expertise across the financial disciplines, allowing us to provide ongoing, comprehensive financial advice to families across the country.
This position is located in the Atlanta office.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to oversee new accounts payable software and processes, as well as to own the various bonus calculations and reporting. A successful senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate also has experience collaborating with a team of accountants. Senior Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks. There may be occasional travel to our Charlotte, NC office.
Will assist the Accounting Manager in:
Ensuring the firm (both Atlanta and Charlotte locations) accounts payable are processed in a timely manner
Ensuring that travel and expense charges are entered, reported, tracked, and analyzed against the budget
Entering and reconciling monthly credit card payments from clients
Owning the process and reporting for the monthly net new business, wealth advisor, and referral bonus calculation and reporting
Assisting in setting and tracking marketing and professional development budgets of the firm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Three to four years’ experience in corporate or public accounting is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications is required
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables is desired
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages like QuickBooks, Bill.com, and Concur is preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through, organization and communication skills and ability to problem solve
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to work individually as well as within a team
For additional information about our firm, visit www.brightworth.com.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.