Like every business owner, you manage risk, investing time and resources for future growth and value creation. Some of these resources include your trusted advisors who help you navigate complex challenges, such as getting the best tax outcomes, and positioning you not only for growth now, but to someday get the most value from the sale of your interest in the business in a tax efficient way.
Brightworth helps you by understanding your ultimate goals for your business, family, philanthropy, and legacy. We then review options, create a clear strategy and plan to reach those goals, and partner with you over the long term in executing and monitoring the plan. Throughout this partnership, we can help you with a plan to get the best tax outcomes, one that considers everything, including future giving and estate and tax planning before and as you sell your business interests. This lets you focus on what you’re best at: successfully managing your business and personal life.
- Business transition planning
- Cash flow and income tax planning
- Retirement planning
- Investment management
- Risk management
Business transition planning
There are some 6,000,000 privately held businesses in the U.S., representing nearly $10 trillion in wealth*. But while most business owners want to transition those businesses to new ownership within ten years, only about one in four will succeed. Will yours be one of the successful ones? How much money will you leave on the table due to a forced sale, inadequate planning, or frustration?
*Study Shows Why Many Business Owners Can’t Sell When They Want To, forbes.com, February 5, 2017
Wealth Management Fees
The annual wealth management fee is based upon the value of your investment portfolios:
- .30% annually for amounts greater than $10,000,000
- .50% annually for amounts greater than $5,000,000 up to $10,000,000
- .75% annually for amounts greater than $ 2,500,000 up to $5,000,000
- 1.00% annually for the first $2,500,000
Our wealth counsel service consists of two components based upon our core belief that expert integration is the key to financial success.
- Comprehensive Wealth Planning - Development of highly customized strategies to achieve your short and long-term goals, with on-going monitoring and advice. This covers the major aspects of your financial situation including cash flow, income taxes, risk management, estate planning, philanthropy, education and retirement analyses. Many, but not all, complex situations require an additional up-front planning fee, which will be discussed as part of our initial engagement conversation.
- Global Investment Solution - Portfolios of carefully selected investments designed to provide consistent, superior performance over time. Includes ongoing manager selection, rebalancing and performance reporting.